First check that your mobile phone has Bluetooth turned on.
Please restart your mobile phone as this clear Bluetooth cache.
If problems continue, follow the steps for Android or iOS:
Android: Please do the following steps in Android to fix the Bluetooth connection:
1. Close the application. Long-press the middle bottom button on your phone. When the application list opens just swipe the application to close it
2. Go to phone settings / Connections / Bluetooth
3. Un-pair the Bluetooth with PulseOn if this is already on the list
4. Put PulseOn device on pairing mode. This is done by pressing both buttons down for seven seconds when the screen is on, a pairing icon will appear on the device screen
5. On your Android phone, scan for available devices and select PulseOn to pair
6. Open the PulseOn application
7. It can take some time to empty the device memory when it connects. After this both the application and device should be in synch
iOS: Please do the following steps in iOS to fix the Bluetooth connection:
1. Close the application. Long-press the middle bottom button on your device. When the application list opens just swipe the application to close it
2. Go to your iPhone settings and choose Bluetooth
3. On the Bluetooth devices list select PulseOn (tap letter i next to it) and choose ‘Forget this Device’
4. Open your PulseOn application
5. Please put PulseOn device in pairing mode by pressing both buttons for seven seconds, a pairing icon will appear on the device screen
6. Application will soon ask to pair with the PulseOn device. Please note, pairing must be done within the application and NOT from the mobile phone Settings
If the above did not fix the issue, please make a hard reset to your PulseOn device, by pressing both buttons down for 20 seconds. After this press right button for 3 seconds to turn the device on. The device will turn on in "HR only mode". To access pairing mode, please press both buttons for 7 seconds.
Then please repeat pairing by following the steps above.